Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sea World

Even since I was little I could remember being fascinated with the ocean. I can remember my first trip to Sea World where I decided my dream job was to be a whale trainer. Shortly after I realized that one would need to study marine biology and knew that this dream wouldn't come true due to the fact that I did not like my science classes. But I still had this fascination with the sea, and especially killer whales. So of course Sea World is one of my favorite places.

While in Texas, I had the opportunity to go to Sea World San Antonio. I hadn't been to Sea World in many years and so I was very excited. The first thing I did of course was see the Shamu show. It was great! Killer whales are beautiful animals and it is amazing to see how big they are and that they can be trained to do tricks. There was even a baby Shamu who was adorable and and you could tell was just learning how to do the tricks like the older ones. One thing I noticed was that the trainers no longer get in the water during the shows with the whales. I assumed this was from recent event that had happened, but it was sad to see that part of the show go. One of the reasons that I wanted to be a whale trainer when I was a kid was because of the bond that the trainers had with the whales. They are such huge animals and yet they listen and love the people who train them. I have always found that neat and felt that that feeling was taken away with them not in the water. But I totally understand that it is for their safety now.

I also got to see dolphins, a walrus, penguins, and many other sea creatures, but the killer whales were by far my favorite part! I had a great time at Sea World San Antonio and added some pictures of my sea adventure.


3 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I love water shows too, but the last time I was at the aquarium we missed the shows. Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was obsessed with dolphins when I was little! Actually, I still like them a lot haha. But I definitely considered becoming a marine biologist and still haven't ruled out the idea of working for a company that deals with sea creatures. I haven't been to a water show in such a long time, but it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are headed to San Diego this summer is Sea World is on our list!

    ReplyDelete