Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Hunger Games

So I know the whole Hunger Game craze happened a while ago, and I will admit that I caught on very late. But I finished reading the whole series in December and ever sense I have been obsessed. I am not going to spoil the book for those who haven't read it, but I am just going to make some comments on my favorite thing about the trilogy. 

For those who do know about the books,  Suzanne Collins writes as Katniss Everdeen who lives in a futuristic North America called Panem. There The Capitol controls everything that happens in the districts and each year broadcasts a game called The Hunger Games, where one male and female ages 12-18 are chosen in a lottery to fight and kill districts from the other districts till one is left. 

I usually don't like futuristic type books, but I loved this one..... probably because there was a love story tied in and that was one of my favorite parts. The love triangle made me want to read more to find out what was going to happen and who Katniss was going to choose. I also loved that Katniss is a strong woman and thinks for herself. The books are well written and give lots of detail so that you can picture what is going on while reading. The plot to the story is great and lets the reader easily go through the books. ( I read all three in a week!! )

If you haven't read the book yet..... READ IT!! It is a great series and you will be hooked! 


2 comments:

  1. This turned out to be a favorite series for me as well. At first I was a skeptic, didn't see what all the buzz was about, but once I started reading I really enjoyed them. Even got my husband on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Hunger Games, too! Did you know Suzanne Collins wrote 'Little Bear', too? Such different genres and both are incredibly successful.

    ReplyDelete