Monday, April 8, 2013

Job Search!

Being that I am graduating from Bradley in a little over a month, I have been on the job search a lot lately. I have an offer for a company after graduation, but I am still looking to see if I can find something that is closer to what I would like to do after graduation. I have been using Bradley's e-recruiting site, but haven't seen many good prospects lately. I have also been using Linkedin to search for companies and any jobs that they have listed. Indeed has become a great help as well.

I am wondering what sites you guys know of or have found that can help with my job search?? 

4 comments:

  1. Bradley e-recruiting hasn't helped me much either so you aren't alone. I've been using LinkedIn and Indeed as well. Another website that I have found some job listings I was interested in was Monster.com. Today I actually got a call about a job I didn't even apply for. Employers can do a search and if you are a good match they can see your resume. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of finding jobs, I've actually had a lot of luck with Twitter. I follow @MarketJobsUSA and I run keyword searches for the position titles I'm looking for. But I agree with you, e-recruiting isn't very helpful and I think it is better for internships rather than full-time positions. Good luck with your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Maddie said, I also follow a lot of jobs postings on twitter. It's like indeed or monster but on twitter. It actually helps me because they already did the grunt work for me. I see a quick headline and location and know right away if I'm interested to click it. About e-recruiting, I agree. They have a TON of internship opportunities, a lot still unpaid.. However, for us graduating, we need those big kid jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LinkedIn has been one of my favorite resources so far for job searches. I check it every few days and the results are always up-to-date and relevant to my industry and searches. Other sites I have been looking at are indeed.com, simplyhired.com, monster.com, and careerbuilder.com.

    ReplyDelete